Friday, February 17, 2006

The Monster a.k.a Charlie

This week has been interesting. It’s had its ups and downs and those moments in between. Recently, I have been missing the girls from school and all my friends and my amazing corps up in Rochester. In about a month I will be with all my friends in this great cabin in PA. I can’t wait. Things have been different moving back to Rockland. I’m so thankful that I am by family. I have missed it for so long. It is very important to me in my life right now to have that continual support. I do miss my friends and the tight group that we all used to have. I guess I’m going through withdrawal from college.
The week started out great with a great doctor’s report, a wonderful valentines day, and the opportunity to join a fantastic women’s small group bible study. Then Wednesday, the Army world found out that our incredible leaders, Colonel Knaggs, are being appointed to Australia. While we hope and pray for all the best in this exciting new appointment, we wish we can keep them here. My family and I will greatly miss them as friends and leaders.
Toward the end of the week, work got really busy. But I don’t mind, I love keeping busy.

Last night I got to sit in traffic for 2 hours, but it was all worth it when I walked into my brother’s house and saw my nephew Charlie’s face beaming as Uncle Joel and Aunt Kathleen came to bring him up. Joel and I are watching Charlie for an over night so Jonathan and Lori can have one last weekend together relaxing before their next little bundle arrives in just a matter of weeks. I can’t wait. Joel and I brought Charlie back to my parent’s house to watch him here, sometimes it's just easier to be home. The more I think of it…I think Charlie was excited to go to Grammy and Papa’s house. ;-) Either way…I’m the lucky one who gets to spend time with the cutest boy ever. So far we've taught him..."Papa's the man" & "What's up Gee?" He clearly says, Grammy, Papa, & Uncle Joel. So far I get AH Deen (Aunt Kathleen).

Sunday will be my first time singing with the songsters. Because of the long free weekend at the Training School, my in-laws will be able to come to the corps. I feel like I’m in a play and everyone is coming to watch…how embarrassing. It’s been exciting getting involved in a corps again. :-) Joel and I have really missed our ministry in Rochester.
I’m looking forward to the long weekend, maybe it will give me some more interesting things to blog about. ;-)

4 comments:

JR said...

Uncle Joel and Ah Deen are great babysitters. Wish I could be at the corps to see you. Just remember, picture everyone in their birthday suits:)

Anonymous said...

Awww...Charlie is soo cute! I miss you both so much! It really has been an adjustment not having everyone together all the time. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in just about a month, it's going to be a good time :) LOVE YOU TONS! (and Joel too:)) see you soon!

Re09 said...

hey...its Loreita!!so i got one of these!!!
just wanted to leave some love!!!

Larry said...

I got the songster debut on video. Film at 11.

I can't wait to hear you again.