Friday, February 10, 2006

Happy Birthday

Yesterday, February 10th was such a great day. After work, Joel and I had a blast from the past when we went to our high school's varsity basketball game. We attended different high schools growing up. He attended Clarkstown North and I attended Clarkstown South. Yes we were rivals, but I tended to like his school more, so it worked out really well. Anyway,North won! I know I attended South and I should be sad, but I love North at Heart. It was Keith Maynor's birthday yesterday so we went with Keith and his wonderful wife Pam. Keith also attended North for a a couple years and Joel and Keith were there together for a year before the Maynors moved. It was fun for us all reminisce. We had so much fun laughing at how all the high schoolers were acting and laughing at how pathetic the cheerleaders were...it was no Bring It On. After the game we went to the New City Diner. What a high school thing to do, but how much fun! I love Pam & Keith. What great people. It was awesome to catch up with them. I bothered Pam with questions all night about training and her thoughts about what she will encounter after training. Don't get any ideas, I was just curious. But I will "Never say Never." We all know what happens when you say never... My heart is open to whatever God has in store for me, time will tell.

February 10 is also my nephew Charlie's birthday. I can't believe he is two years old. I was a junior in college when he was born! How crazy is that. He is so gorgeous and smart, and yes I swear he is related to me. Today we went to Charlie's birthday party. It was all centered around trains. Charlie loves trains. ALL ABOARD??? (I know I'm a dork) Charlie was not interested in any gifts unless they were trains. We bought him clothes...he wasn't amused. :) but Jonathan and Lori were happy. It was so much fun to be with the family and see Charlie and Eliza (my beautiful niece) play. They are getting so big. Eliza is going to walk soon! Now all they need to do is learn to share.

And another wonderful person who had a birthday yesterday was Joel's grandfather, Grandpa Berkhoudt. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




No comments: