Wednesday, April 12, 2006

To TOP it OFF!

Just about every Tuesday or whatever day board meetings fall on, our department buys bagels, muffins, and some Danishes for our council that meets. My department is also generous enough to buy some extra for us. Which can I just say I appreciate a blueberry muffin once in a while. It's a nice treat...it's that mid afternoon sugar rush to push you through til the end of the day!

I have noticed that in the afternoon after the bagels etc are brought together from the leftovers from the council and the ones that the department has yet to eat there is always a muffin that just sits there pathetically. Why??? Because someone has cut off the top of the muffin. (I'm sure we've all seen that Seinfeld episode...TOP OF THE MUFFIN TO YOU!). I don't know who does it, but believe you me, I'm looking in to it. I don't think it's bad if you take the muffin and only want the top. I understand it's the best part. But it is clearly an insult when you take off the top and leave the stump behind. PLEASE, just take the whole thing! Like someone wants to eat your stump! It is always clearly cut off. It is always intentional. Seriously, who does that?! The only acceptable form of partial muffin taking is if you cut it in half, from top to bottom, leaving a little bit of the top and bottom for the next person. But, instead the muffin cutter decides to take the very essence of the muffin every time! A muffin is simply not a muffin without the top. It's like a zebra without stripes or a chair without a cushion! No one would want either of them!

Every week, the poor stump is left behind to be thrown out at the end of the day. The muffin top stealer never gives it a chance to be enjoyed by someone else.

ps. My Retreat with the teens post is coming soon...I didn't forget!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope you are doing well. I miss you - hope to talk to you soon. I love reading your blog to see whats new with you. Have a Happy Easter :)

Andi-bo-bandi said...

I love the top of the muffin, but you are right, I would never just take the top and leave the poor stump behind. ;)

Allison Ward said...

I had a fun time with you today! Sorry if you didn't get ANY work done :) Can't wait till Saturday! Yay twice in like one week!!! hhahaa
love,
Allison
P.S. remind me to give Joel a BEAR hug! haha

Amy said...

Muffin tops are the extra good part and as for your sisters story, I would feel cheated too but I guess thats a great example of love... you wouldnt give up your muffin top for just anyone

Anonymous said...

hey darling,
i just wanted to say hi, and i hope everythings going well with you and joel.
we miss you and your family a lot, hopefully we can visit soon. :]

JR said...

Kathleen, You have issues that only a trained clinical psychologist can help you work through.

My two cents.....I think that you should remain silent about this muffin issue before your leftover stealing is exposed.

Mhairi said...

I love the Mommy and Papa story! I love that you call them Mommy and Papa! Ocht man, so cute!

I would totally take the top of the muffin, I don't like the stump, (i didn't even know you called the bottom the stump! Awesome!) No stumpies for Mhairi, no siree!

Kathleen said...

WOOHOO...I love everyone's comments on this! The top of the muffin hits home with a lot of people I guess. :-)


ps...I called it a stump...don't know if normal people call it that...but I think they should!