Sunday, October 04, 2009

Coasters and Burp Clothes

I actually have a lot of things to blog about.  Joel and I have been super super busy!  When are we not?  But I thought I would do a quick post to show you all something I made recently!


I recently took a stab at making quilted coasters for my secretarys birthday gift.  Sue always makes me something for my birthday. In the past she has made me two sets of earings and my last birthday she made me a beautiful bracelet.  I wish she sold her stuff online so you guys could all enjoy it. I actually had her make me a pair of pear earings to match a necklace my husband bought me.  :-)  She is so talented.  She even made jewlery for a whole bridal parties.  The cool thing she also does is makes the boxes she puts the jewlery in.  Se is a skilled lady at origami and makes beautiful boxes for her masterpieces. 
This year's bday present


Last year's bday present.

The earings she made me to match my necklace.



Here are the coasters....






I also made some burp clothes for my friends baby (the one I made the quilt for)!  These were fun to make.  I'm not happy because the set is not all pink.  I ran out of time and wanted to do pink ribbon, but I made a purple one made a long time ago, so I just threw it in there.  They are so easy and fun to make and are great gifts.

I've always thought about making some blog posts tutorials on how to make some of the things I'm venturing into.  I love how other people blog about their creations and share how to do it.  However, like the way I cook, I look at the directions and then wing it myself. :-)

1 comment:

Matt and Megan said...

So crafty! The coasters are very cute!

I'd love to see a tutorial on how you made them.