Monday, July 02, 2007

Avenue Q

Last week I went to see Avenue Q on Broadway in NYC. I had no idea what it was about - I just remembered one of my college suite mates playing the songs over and over again. My sister's friend was in the show. She played the character on the far right, Christmas Eve (that's not her in the picture though). She did a great job and was really funny. The show was hysterical. Some parts were a bit much, but over all the show made me laugh really hard! It was a complete satire on living in the city present day and all that life brings you. The show was definitely not PC at all. :-) Avenue Q used puppets for some of the characters, which you would think would be distracting and weird, but it was funny and the way they did it was very cool and different. It's pure talent to do that kind of thing on stage.

However, the best part of the show was going with my sister....FINALLY, a girls night out! Boy, have I missed those nights!!!

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Hey! Welcome back to blogger. I had almost given up on you. Though, until recently my posts were pretty far and few between.

We were thinking of taking our interns but decided it was probably totally inappropriate. Glad you had a good time.