Saturday, August 26, 2006

Towels

Who thought towels could be such a major decision? Joel and I spent an hour in Kohl’s the other day trying to pick towels. I was determined that I was not leaving there until we had towels to eventually bring to our new place (and who knows when that will happen). What a major decision on colors and style. Plus, I don't even like bath towels. I use what they call a bath sheet. I need it to cover all of me…not just some of me! None of this half covered stuff.
Anyway, we left Kohl’s at 8:00pm with 4 bath towels, 5 hand towels, 4 wash clothes, and 1 bath sheet!!!! Honestly, the sets are only for company. Who really brings a bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth every time you take a shower. I'm lucky if I remember if I washed or didn't wash my hair yet that morning while in the shower. Anyway, we have a one bedroom apartment...who will visit? But the display in the bathroom must look nice...as Joel calls them...fancy towels :-)
So what did we pick?....Our bathroom is dark grey and white, so I wanted to add just a touch of color. Then there was the decision of what colors to get. Apparently, matching towels aren't cool (like a set of all blue or all grey, not that cool apparently). So my bath towels had to be different from my hand towels. Also, the wash clothes and the bath towel should match.

We decided that the bath towel color would be a light grey (pewter). After the long decision of what color the bath towel would be, we found out that they didn't have matching wash clothes in stock! AHHHHH.....so we ignored that and started looking for the "other" color. Normal people would go with a blue...so we decided to go with a brighter green to add some color into the room.

In the end we managed to get 5 hand towels (I was wanting 6 just in case...oh well we settled for 5). And low and behold we bought the wash clothes in the green color and we'll just have to suck up the mess up in our wonderful fashionable design of every other color towel.

My soon-to be bathroom colors
(my land lady was upset with her tile choice because it only kind of matches,
but oh well, a shower curtain covers it...the tile is really nice in general :-)

The infamous pewter towels and the infamous palm towels
(the palm towels aren't really that bright, but still bright)

4 comments:

JR said...

I can't believe you put Joel through that. He's going to need to watch an extra 2 hours of sports this week to get his manhood back.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I never realized how important towels could be...but I totally agree with the need for a bath "sheet"...the more cloth the better when getting out of the shower; however, I do like having a smaller towel for my hair...less hassle! haha! LOVE YA! Hope everything is moving along with the appartment...talk to you soon!

Larry said...

OK...you tortured my boy and then asked "Who would visit?" What about Mom and me? We will visit and use those towels.

Count on it.

Anonymous said...

I love the towels and for who uses a bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth...that's me!